As editorial picture agency in the world owned by an active shooter, photographer relationships remain a priority for us. Offering the best rate (70/30%) in the industry for assignments and submissions. With proactive marketing of our shooters’s work and growing sales/market penetration through our expanding global network of communication, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better agency to start to work with.
VXP is always looking for the best talent in the industry of visual journalism. Photographers with a strong point of view and distinctive style.
We’d like to learn a bit about your experience as a photographer first. Please tell us about yourself by submitting this form.
Someone will contact you if we would like to review your work.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
- You are signing up to submit Images and have them sold by VX Pictures Ltd and its Partners
- You are responsible for the content you upload, and you must be the copyright holder or have their permission or be contractually entitled to distribute the Image for its proposed use or the Image is copyright free
- We will pay you 70% of a direct sale made by VX Pictures for images Exclusive to VX Pictures
- We will pay you 67% of a direct sale made by VX Pictures Partners for images Exclusive to VX Pictures
- We will pay you 55% of a direct sale made by VX Pictures for images not Exclusive to VX Pictures
- We will pay you 50% of a direct sale made by VX Pictures Partners for images not Exclusive to VX Pictures
- You can quit with just 45 days notice
- We report sales to you as soon as we know about them
- We’ll pay you every month that your balance is over GBP £50
- You will caption and keyword (tag) your Images only with our guideline format provided upon approval to work with you
- The information you supply must be correct, particularly when talking about model or property releases
- Prices are determined by VX Pictures
- VX Pictures’s Customers cannot use photos for pornographic, defamatory, or any other unlawful purposes
At heart, VX Pictures is a group of people who care deeply about providing our customers and contributors with an excellent experience and a unique product.
We don’t just talk, we walk the talk, live it: we encourage teams to come together and feel empowered to make decisions and experiment.
We respect the work-life balance and focus on rewarding for delivery. We’re really ethical and we’re nice – but not boring nice!
Excited about building the world’s best photography agency?
Click on the next tab to Apply for a current opportunity to join our visual storytellers, or send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us how you can contribute to VX Pictures – you might just persuade us to create a role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
Working as news, editorial, or press photographer with VX Pictures, you could get assignments in a number of areas, including:
- a) current events/affairs.
- b) entertainment.
- c) corporate.
- d) lifestyle.
- e) sport.
- f) war.
However, documentary photography and reportage is home to our passion.
It is a combination of intuition, creativity and technical skills and confidence. You’ll need to:
- work closely with other people concerned with the story, such as journalists and picture editors, and agree on the photographic requirements for a story.
- handle admin arrangements such as timing, press cards, transport and access to restricted areas, venues and events.
- photograph events or personalities, and note details for photographic captions.
- add relevant keywords to image files for picture libraries so that the images can be recognised in search engines.
- ensure all pictures are appropriate, processed, catalogued and ready in time to meet deadlines.
- prepare and send digital photographs to our editorial desk via FTP (if it is established so) or WeTransfer or other easy-to transfer platforms for the VX Pictures within the deadline agreed.
- maintain up-to-date knowledge about current news stories and any specialist areas.
- source freelance photographers for a job or existing photographs if pushed to meet a deadline.
- arrange the lighting and other requirements for VXP studio shoots.
- check the weather forecast and light values of places beforehand.
- maintain photographic and electronic communications equipment.